The Missouri 4-H Foundation offers educational scholarships for 4-H members and former 4-H members pursuing post-secondary study.
60+ scholarships are available, each ranging from $500 to $2,500. One scholarship application permits the applicant to be considered for any available scholarship, subject to conditions specified by the donor.
Applications are accepted after Jan. 1, and are due with a postmark date of March 1 to the state 4-H office. The county due date for applications may be earlier than the March 1 state deadline. After county approval and signature, your application will be mailed to the state 4-H office by the county.
- High school applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Home-schooled members must submit ACT or SAT scores. College applicants must have at least a GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- The scholarship must be used within 9 months after awarded. (Applicant must be enrolled in school).
- A word processor must be used to complete the application. Use plain white 8 ½ x 11” paper with 1-inch margins. Use a font no smaller than 12-point. Single-space within each answer and double-space between questions.
Scholarship selection criteria
The Missouri 4-H Foundation scholarship application form should be completed and must include the following information:
- Signature of applicant and 4-H or extension staff
- High school or college transcript (must include GPA and can be unofficial) or ACT or SAT scores for home-schooled members
- Financial information page completed by parent or guardian
A committee determines scholarship selection based on the following score system:
- 70 percent 4-H achievement in leadership, citizenship, community service and projects
- 20 percent financial need
- 10 percent work and career goals
Financial need scoring is determined as follows:
- 1 point for each dependent child under the age of 21 in the family
- 2 points for each family member attending college
- Adjusted gross income:
- 10 points — $15,000 and below
- 7 points — $15,001 to $20,000
- 5 points — $20,001 to $30,000
- 2 points — $30,001 and above
For a list of available scholarships and to apply, visit the Missouri 4-H Foundation's website.